Thursday 14 February 2008

Hindi Song | Strings - Bound By Faith (2006)


I recently got a green light for posting String's soundtrack from the man himself, Sanjay Jha, the director of the film. We bollybloggers have had the honor to be in direct contact with him, as he is also a fellow blogger. He has a personal blog, and two other blog on each of the films he has directed; Strings - Bound By Faith and Praan Jaaye Par Shaan Na Jaaye.

Strings stars Sandhya Mridul, Adam Bedi, Tannishtha Chatterjee and Vineet Kumar in the lead roles. The music of Strings is directed by Zubeen. According to Smashits.com, this is his first film and he has definitely done a great job. The very first thing I noticed when I listened to the songs was that Zubeen has experimented with two different styles in this album; the first three songs (Piya Milan Ko Jaana, Kaise Kaho and Ishq) are quite different from the other three. I personally very much like the second half of the album (i.e. Ramo Ramo, Rimjhim and Mantra). I don't know if it is fair to say so, but I think the last three songs are quite A.R. Remanish in style and that is the kind of music I like. Ramo Ramo is my personal favorite.

If you visit DHS regularly, then you know that my judgement of quality of music is based on how well it entertains me. The reason for that is I rarely pay attention to the lyrics of Hindi songs, because I usually don't understand more than half of the words used. Neither is my knowlegde of music so much that I could comment on the artistic aspect of any music album. So I solely depend on the entertainment and playfulness of songs, and how memorable they are.

I really recommend you visit Sanjay's blogs and read about his latest activities and his thoughts. From my own interactions with him, I can surely say that he would love to answer any questions you have. He is a very down to earth and decent man.

(Learn How to Convert RM to MP3)
(Direct Link - Right click and choose 'Save Target As')

Piya Milan Ko Jaana
Kaise Kahoon
Ishq
Ramo Ramo
Rimjhim
Mantra (Om)

No comments: