Thursday 31 January 2008

Hindi Song | Chandni (1989)


Chandni's songs were requested way back in October last year, and I hope the person who requested gets this. Chandni is a family/romance film by Yash Chopra, and stars Sridevi, Vinod Khanna, Rishi Kapoor, Waheeda Rehman, Juhi Chawla and Anupam Kher.

Shiv Hari is the music director for Chandni. I haven't been familiar with his music until now, and to be honest I didn't like the songs of Chandni. I am personally not so much into the late '80s and majority of '90s' music. There are some great songs from every decade that can't be ignored, but I see non of such songs in this album. Surprisingly, Shiv Hari won the best music award at the FilmFare Awards for this film, which means I am wrong and this album is a good one. I hope you like it.

UPDATE: After reading Yashita's comment, I went back and listened to Chandni's songs again, and I would like to say that the songs Chandni O Meri Chandni and Mitwa are great songs. I still stand my opinion about the rest of the songs; they are not so good.

(Learn How to Convert RM to MP3)
(Direct Link - Right click and choose 'Save Target As')

1. Aa Meri Jaan Main Tujhme Apni / Lata Mangeshkar
2. Mehbooba / Vinod Rathod
3. Lagi Aaj Sawan Ki Phir Vo Jhadi hai / Suresh Wadekar, Anupama Deshpande
4. Mere Haathon Mein Nau Nau Choodiyan / Lata Mangeshkar
5. Parbat Se Kali Ghata Takrati / Asha Bhonsle, Vinod Rathod
6. Tu Mujhe Suna Main Tujhe Sunaoon / Nitin Mukesh, Suresh Wadekar
7. Chandni O Meri Chandni / Sridevi, Jolly Mukherjee
8. Instrumental Music
9. Mitwa
10. Main Sasural Nahin Jaungi / Pamela Chopra

No comments: