Thursday 31 January 2008

Hindi Song | Masoom (1983)


Here's an oldie/classic/golden album for ya'll! Director Shekhar Kapoor started his directorial career with Masoom, and what a start. Starring Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi, and child artists Jugal Hansraj, Urmila Matondkar and Aradhana. Masoom won 5 Filmfare Awards including Best Actor's (Naseerudhin Shah). I read a great review of this film by Carla from FilmiGeek.com which I think you will love.

The beautiful music of Masoom is directed by the legendary R.D. Burman. I have been asked for the song 'Nani Teri Morni Ko' from the 1960 Masoom numerous times so far, and I was searching for that song when I came across this great album. And I'm so glad I did. This one also has a great children's song (Ladki Ki Kaathi). Enough from me, now you treat yourselves to some magic of Burman.

UPDATE: Someone has uploaded the whole film on YouTube. Click here to watch the first part.

(Learn How to Convert RM to MP3)
(Direct Link - Right click and choose 'Save Target As')

1. Tujhse Naraaz Nahin Zindagi (female) / Lata Mangeshkar
2. Huzur Is Kadar / Bhupinder, Suresh Wadkar
3. Ladki Ki Kaathi / Gauri Bapat, Gurpreet Kaur, Vanita Mishra
4. Do Naina Aur Ek Kahani / Aarti Mukherjee
5. Tujhse Naraz Nahin Zindagi (male) / Anup Ghoshal

No comments: